In-Shelter Adoption Hours (440R East Squantum Street; Quincy, MA 02171)
Saturdays: 10:00am to 2:00pm
The Adoption Fee for our Dogs:
$450 & up for puppies under 2 years old
$350 & up for dogs 2 – 7 years old
$250 & up for dogs over 8 years old
What You Get – Adoption Fees for Dogs
The Adoption Fee for our Cats:
$250 Kittens under 6 months old
$200 Cats over 6 months old
$100 cats over 10 years old
What You Get – Adoption Fees for Cats
Fees and Donations:
Your non-refundable adoption fee helps us to continue our high level of care for all the animals. QAS accepts cash and credit cards.
All Quincy Animal Shelter residents are current on vaccinations appropriate for their age before being cleared for adoption. All of our animals are spayed/neutered prior to being adopted. Kittens are spayed/neutered when they reach a minimum weight of 2 lbs. and are at least 8 weeks old.
Please read our Adoption Considerations before you decide to adopt.
Not quite ready to Adopt? How about becoming a temporary Foster Family?
- To provide a loving home, including proper medical care and humane treatment at all times.
- The animal will not be used for experimentation or be sold.
- Dogs will not be allowed off leash outdoors except in a completely fenced in area.
- The animal will receive annual veterinary checkups that include rabies vaccinations as required by law.
- Dogs will be licensed annually as required by local law.
- If for any reason the adopter needs to give up the animal, it will be returned to Quincy Animal Shelter.
- Ownership of the animal will be terminated if at any time the adopter does not live up to these terms.
- Quincy Animal Shelter does not sell animals. Adoption donations are tax-deductible, voluntary contributions, and are not refundable under any circumstances.