Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Quincy Animal Shelter!
Volunteers are the backbone of our efforts to improve the lives of the animals in our care.
How to Volunteer
- Review our available positions and descriptions.
- Download a Volunteer Application (PDF) and either email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to: Quincy Animal Shelter, Attn: Volunteer Manager, P.O. Box 690088, Quincy, MA 02269 . Be sure to note your availability and preferences for positions. Please understand that completion of this application does not assure placement.
Requirements & Guidelines:
- Cat Care Volunteer
- Dog Care Volunteer
- Feral Cat Volunteer
- Foster Care Volunteer
- General Volunteer Guidelines
- Be at least 18 years old to work with the animals (under 18? You can still help!)
- Be able to commit to one consistent shift per week for a minimum of 6 months if volunteering in daily shelter operations.
- Since we are not easily accessible to public transpiration a drivers license or reliable transportation is required.
- Experience with dogs and cats is helpful but not always necessary.
Feral Cat help
QAS is looking for assistance with feral cats please contact our Feral Cat Manager J. Bouma by email. If you need assistance with feral cats in your neighborhood please see more information here.
Do you have a special skill (Photography? Writing? Event Planning?)
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Want to see what goes on during a typical day at the shelter? Thanks to Andy Riley spending the day with us, you can! Check out a day in the life at QAS.